Click the Select Other Organization drop down box (next to the Dashboard icon in the top right hand corner of your main Dashboard page) to select which Dashboard (and needs) you want to view. If you are a Key Contact of that organization, you will see the Organizational Dashboard. If you are a Regular Member (not a Key Contact of that organization), you will see that organization’s current needs on the right hand side of your Personal Dashboard, as follows:
- Our Organization Needs – Volunteer and resource needs posted by that organization
- Our Local Families Needs – Family/individual needs posted by that organization
- Our Missionaries & Missions Needs – Needs of missionaries or mission trips sponsored by that organization
On your Personal Dashboard under My Giving Activity, see your Pending and Completed Commitment as well as Offers you have made for goods or services:
- My Pending Commitments – A list of your current uncompleted commitments, where you can view, cancel, increase, decrease or complete that commitment by clicking on the appropriate (Change or Complete button in the Action column). You may narrow the list of pending commitments using the date range drop down box in the top left corner of the page.
- My Completed Commitments – A list of your completed commitments, where you either completed it yourself on the My Pending Commitments page above, or the commitment was moved to completed status automatically 90 days after the scheduled fulfillment date. You may narrow the list of completed commitments using the date range drop down box in the top left corner of the page.
- My Offers – View and edit any “offers” you made through Meet The Need. An offer may be entered when you have a skill or item to give away, search the Meet The Need database, and no one needs that skill or item. At that point, the system invites you to make an “offer” so that the next time a Key Contact of a local organization tries to post a need for that same skill or item, they will find your offer and can choose to accept your offer, which will send you an email notification along with the contact information of that organization.
Under Connect with My Church & Local Ministries on your Personal Dashboard, look under Your Approved Organizations to see the list of all organizations where your request for an association has been accepted by the organization. If you are not a Key Contact of a particular organization, you may click the Remove Link button to end your association with that organization.
If you are a Key Contact of an organization, go to that organization’s Dashboard (using the View Another Organization’s Dashboard drop down box next to the Dashboard icon in the top right hand corner of your main Dashboard page), then click My Account, and then click Approved Members. If you are the only Key Contact of an organization, you cannot remove your association from that organization. If there is more than one Key Contact, have that other person make you a Regular Member so that you can remove your Association with that organization on the Connect with My Church & Local Ministries page on your Personal Dashboard.
Under Connect with My Church & Local Ministries on your Personal Dashboard, look under Your Approved Organizations to see the list of all organizations where your request for an association has been accepted by the organization.
Click the Make Primary button next to an organization’s name if you would like that organization’s Dashboard to be the one you see first every time you log in.
You can also click the Switch Dashboard button next to an organization’s name if to you want to go directly to that organization’s Dashboard immediately.
On your Personal Dashboard, under Manage My Account, click the link Connect with My Church & Local Ministries. You can also view the organizations you are connected with by clicking Select Other Organization in your dropdown box next to the Dashboard icon at the top right of your main Dashboard page. Choose one of those other organizations on the drop down list if you would like to see their needs (on the right hand side of your Personal Dashboard).
You can only “join” (have an association) with one church or company, but you may connect with as many charities as you would like.
- When Signing up to Meet a Need – When you commit to meet a need of a local charity, Meet The Need will automatically provide a pre-checked box asking if you would like to receive email updates the next time that charity posts needs.
- When Creating a Serve Account – You may be asked to create an account by your church, company or charity or you can do so directly on meettheneed.org via our registration link. On the second page of your registration, select the name of your organization from the drop down list.
- On Your Personal Dashboard – You can search, select and opt in to receive email notifications from particular organizations (or teams/groups within those organizations) through your Personal Dashboard. If you already have a Meet The Need account, login and on your Personal Dashboard under Manage My Account, click the link Connect with My Church & Local Ministries. In the third section, select from the drop downs to “Join” a particular organization, which will add you to that organization’s Dashboard as a Pending Member.
- Join Church – If you are not already a Pending or Approved “member” of a church in Meet The Need, then you may select one church to “join” so that you may see its needs and be notified when the church posts new needs
- Join Ministry or Missionary Organization – Shows a list of all charities within the search radius you specified above for you to consider “joining” to see their needs and opt in to email notifications when they post needs
- Join a Team from ______ – If you are an approved member of an organization and they have set up teams in Meet The Need under that organization, then you can see that list of teams on the drop down box(es) and request to Join one or more of those teams (to see their needs and opt in to email notifications when they post needs)
Once approved by the organization, you will be able to see their needs, receive email notifications when they post new needs, and/or to be made a Key Contact.
Under Your Pending Organizations you will see organizations with whom you have requested an association (to see their needs and receive email notifications when they post new needs) but where the Key Contact(s) of that organization has not yet approved your request.
On your Personal Dashboard, under Manage My Account, click Edit My Profile to change your contact information, email, password and other information about yourself.
Yes. On your Personal Dashboard, click Manage Email Subscriptions and uncheck the box next to an organization’s name if you want to be removed from its email distribution lists. This page lists all organizations where you have opted in to be notified when that organization posts new needs (and they have approved you to receive those notifications).